Editor's note: The Exponent Telegram editorial board devotes Saturday's editorial to recognizing positive efforts from people throughout our readership area. We call this feature "Hats Off!" To nominate a person or group for recognition, contact John Miller (626-1473) or James Logue (626-1031).
- Liberty student Alex Weaver and Harrison County teacher Kay Devono, who have been selected to participate in Space Camp in Huntsville, Ala. Weaver was one of just six U.S. students selected for International Week, while Devono was one of just 75 teachers chosen from across the world.
- The South Harrison High School Show Choir, under the direction of Babs Smith. The choir received an excellent rating and placed first in its category at the Music in the Park competition at Cedar Point, Sandusky, Ohio, last Saturday.
- Irene Keeley, chief U.S. district judge for the Northern District, who was inducted into West Virginia University's Order of Vandalia for her extraordinary service, loyalty and dedication to the school.
- Harrison County students, parents, teachers and school administrators who have worked together to improve education in the county. Recent test scores show the majority of students working above the state average in many categories.
- Organizers and sponsors of the Bridgeport Little League Challenger League, which gives children with disabilities the opportunity to play baseball.
- Organizers, sponsors and participants of this year's Strawberry Festival in Buckhannon. Once again, as it has for 62 years, the festival provided Upshur County with an opportunity to be showcased to visitors from across the country, as well as provide an economic boost.
- Organizers, sponsors and participants in the annual March of Dimes WalkAmerica, which raised more than $18,000 last Sunday.