ELKINS -- The Augusta Heritage Center of Davis & Elkins College will start its five weeks of summer classes on July 9, and they will run through Aug. 12. The classes are being offered from 6:30 to 7:45 p.m. Monday through Thursday. Advance registration is required. Fees are either $30 or $40, depending on the class. The classes are open to the public.
The following is the schedule of classes being offered:
- Week one, July 9-12--Gospel Piano, Blues Base, Beginning Blues Harmonica, Intermediate/Advanced Blues Harmonica, Gospel Singing, Swing Dance, Beginning Swing Guitar.
- Week two, July 16-19--Clogging, Fiddle from Scratch, Guitar from Scratch, Sharpe Note Singing.
- Week three, July 23-26--Bodhran Irish Drumming, Beginning Cape Breton Stepdance, Experienced Cape Breton Stepdance, Ceili Band, Ceili Dance, Irish Harp from Scratch, Irish History and Culture, Irish Songs and Ballads.
- Week four, July 30-August 2--Clogging, Contras with Style, Guitar Accompaniment, Harmony Singing, Paper Marbling, Swedish Dance.
- Week five, August 6-9--Banjo from Scratch, Cajun Dance, Cajun Language, Clogging, Country Singing, Fiddle from Scratch, Paper Marbling.
Interested parties should contact the Augusta Heritage Center office at 637-1316, or come to the Augusta office at Darby Hall on the Davis & Elkins College Campus. Or, email at Augusta@augustaheritage.com. Class descriptions and on-line registration are also available on the Web site at: www.augustaheritage.com/miniclasses.html